10 Key Release Management Metrics
These are some the Key Release Management Metrics our clients use to continually tune their release management process.1. Number of Changes pending future system releases (Backlog)
2. Number of Successful Changes within a Release
3. Number of Failed Changes in a Release (Percentage of Failed Changes)
4. Number of Outages Caused by a Release
5. Number of Incidents Caused by a Release
6. Percentage of Changes within the Release that cause Incidents
7. Percentage of Releases delivered on time for QA / Test
8. Percentage of Releases delivered on time for Production
9. Percentage of Releases by Priority or Type
10. Total Release Downtime in Hours
It should be noted that some of these metrics are also considered Change Management Metrics.
To read about the common mistakes made with relation to reporting on release metrics read our blog postRelease Reporting Metrics.
You can also source more information on post-release metrics from here: http://wiki.en.it-processmaps.com/index.php/ITIL_KPIs_Service_Transition#ITIL_KPIs_Release_and_Deployment_Management