Job Location: UK
Job Function: Implementation Services and Customer Success
Posted: 14 January 2016
More information about this job:
Initially a hybrid role covering Professional Services and Customer Success, but later likely to be focused on Professional Services as the business grows.
As a Solution Consultant, your objective is to create a high level of customer satisfaction and loyalty through implementing Plutora at our customers. This will include understanding their requirements, designing the appropriate solution, implementing that solution, training the customer and follow up support. The ability to communicate effectively is a must, including creating appropriate documentation to support your work. Previous project management experience is a must.
This role would fit someone who is able to motivate themselves and effectively plan their own time, but works well in a distributed team.
Why work for Plutora?
- Do you want to make a real difference to your customer’s IT delivery processes?
- Do you want to be a part of a small agile team and, together with your team mates, build a great software company?
- Do you want to use your knowledge and experience to help Plutora establish a dominant position in Release and Test Environment Management?
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT, with a minimum of 3 years as a integration/technical consultant working in a customer facing role
- Must embrace change, new challenges and learning – you will need to become an expert in integrating and deploying Plutora in a relatively short period of time
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication, people and collaboration skills
- Creative, highly motivated and a good team player
- Passion for new technologies and services
- Understanding of IT Service Management solutions such as BMC Remedy and ServiceNow, and deployment automation such as Chef/Puppet/UrbanCode/Nolio, are a bonus
- Some understanding of the DevOps movement also a positive
- Willingness to travel and spend a significant amount of time away from home, both in the and through EMEA
- Ideal candidate would have had experience of managing releases, deployments and/or test environments
- Knowledge of methodologies and enterprise project processes (requirement gathering, design, deployment)
- Strong consulting, communication, and analytical skills
- Enterprise architecting and design experience
- Ability to control a room of technical experts
- Ability to relate with all levels of customer, from IT engineers to CIO
- Strong writing / documentation skill
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience