Enterprise Release Plan and Schedule
Large scale planning and coordination to improve delivery team productivity
The DevOps journey requires release teams to address inefficiencies and constraints that may have been plaguing the organization for years. Existing software practices create technical debt and rework that inhibits implementation of new capabilities. Or the current deployment pipeline is not repeatable, requiring manual heroics that drain resources and restrict team velocity.
Plutora Release facilitates large-scale planning and coordination to improve complex system delivery.
- Plan and manage individual releases, projects, and epics across the enterprise portfolio.
- Define release activities and quality gates to streamline efficiency and enforce product integrity.
- Hierarchical data structure links slower moving Waterfall with faster moving Agile teams to improve coordination of complex releases.
- Allocate resources, artifacts, and work items in a comprehensive plan.
Align teams with a centralized release calendar
- Business, dev, test, release, and ops teams stay aligned using filterable views and custom queries from the same interactive calendar.
- Centralize delivery timelines, events, and block-out periods for code or system freezes.
- Support for hierarchical parent/child projects.
Manage processes, people, and data
- Reduce schedule and quality risks with well-structured release plans that outline project phases and quality gates
- Create the release manifest that links to epics and stories targeted for delivery
- Define stakeholder roles and RACI matrix for tasks and automated notifications
Regulate project scope
- Assign user stories and associated dev and test workflows to specific releases.
- Mitigate risk by adjusting scope to meet project deadlines.
- Track key metrics such as changes implemented over time or per release.
Questions? We'll improve your application delivery velocity, quality and efficiency.
Let us help you improve your most complicated projects. Our solutions consultants are ready to answer all your questions.